- Everteen Menstrual Cup
- Dimensions: 16x11x11 cm
- Weight: 0.22 kg
- Price: ₹ 435.00
- Available on: https://www.everteen.co.in/ | ( Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal)
Many people are not comfortable talking about periods. Talking about the menstrual cycle is essential. It is not only about girls, but the other gender should also have the proper knowledge. We all know that in some parts of India, women are devoid of sanitary napkins to cope with their period days. Some of them haven’t used one yet, and some who know the use of Sanitary pads cannot afford it. Affording a pack of sanitary napkins every month can be a challenge for some people.
Women tend to use cheap methods to cooperate with their periods. You might have already seen the movie ‘Padman’ by Akshay Kumar. Women’s hygiene during periods is a matter of concern. Many products are available in the market to deal with periods: Sanitary napkins, tampons, and a menstrual cup. Ladies can choose accordingly and as per their preference. In this blog, I am going to talk about the menstrual cup.
- What is a menstrual cup?
- How to use a menstrual cup?
- Is it safe to use a menstrual cup?
- Can virgins use a menstrual cup?
A menstrual cup is a great product to stand against pads and tampons. I am also shocked after moving that many girls out there do not even know about tampons and menstrual cups. Sharing my own experience, that my mom is unaware of how to use a menstrual cup and a tampon. My mom doesn’t even know what a menstrual cup or tampon is. If you are not using these products, you should stay aware of the hygiene products available in the market. If you do not know anything about the menstrual cup, then please keep reading. Using a menstrual cup is far better than using sanitary pads or tampons. A menstrual cup is suitable for period hygiene and is a better safe, and convenient way to carry your period days.
What is a menstrual cup?
Menstrual cups are made of medical-grade silicone. The cup is to be inserted in your vagina during periods. The cup collects all your blood. It should be checked and removed after 12 hours. (You can wear the container as long as for 12 hours). The cup does not absorb any blood; instead, it collects. Menstrual cups are leakage proof.
These cups can be washed and reused. A single missed World Cup can run for 10 years long. If you invest in one menstrual cup, you do not have to buy sanitary napkins or tampons every month. Truly this saves a lot.
Health risks are very low, with menstrual cups as compare to disposable products. A menstrual cup is comfortable to wear and won’t even feel that you are wearing it after a few hours.
Different sizes in Menstrual cups:
- Small Cup: Suitable for women with a low cervix.
Flow: light to normal flow.
Capacity: Up to 23 ml
- Large Cup: Suitable for medium to the high cervix
Flow: normal to heavy flow.
Capacity: Up to 30 ml
How to use a menstrual cup?
If you are very conscious about using a menstrual cup, you can watch videos available on YouTube. Some videos available on YouTube are really helpful and will exactly explain the method of insertion. Here I am also trying my best to describe the insertion method.
- To disinfect the menstrual cup, keep it on boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Wash your hands Properly before using the menstrual cup.
- Now you have to fold the cup in your preferable manner. There are different kinds of folding. The best is the C type and tringle type.
C Fold/ U Fold: This is commonly suggested fold. Also, the widest at the point of insertion. This type can be too broad and challenging for some women to insert.
Take the cup, fold it in half (bend the cup in half again lengthwise), the lips touch together. Now the point of insertion (cup from top) looks like a C or U depending on how you are holding it).
Triangle Fold/Punch Down: This fold makes the insertion point smaller. Women who have difficulty in inserting menstrual cups by this technique. I am attaching some pictures for the reference. You can search on the internet about how to use a menstrual cup. Also, have a look at the experiences Of different women using menstrual cups for the first time.
- Insert the card inside your vagina while sitting in a squatting position. You can use a different position as per your convenience.
- As the cup goes inside your vagina and opens, you will hear a popping sound. (Some do not hear the sound, well that’s okay)
- The cup should be inserted properly to avoid leakage.
- After entering the cup, you can leave it there and feel comfortable.
Taking the cup out
It will collect the blood, and you can easily take it out by reaching out to the stem. Pinching the lower of a little bit and taking it out. Now you can wash the cup and reuse it.
Is it safe to use a menstrual cup?
Yes, it is entirely safe to use a menstrual cup. It is a better hygiene option when it comes to periods. Some women think that what if gets lost inside their vagina. It is not true. The cup won’t get lost inside your vagina: it sticks to a place and collects all the blood.
Even if you drain heavy, you do not bleed too much. Do not feel like the cup cannot hold the blood.
Can virgins use a menstrual cup?
Yes, Virgins can use Menstrual cups and tampons. The insertion area may be small, but it is perfectly safe for virgins to use Menstrual cups.
I want to suggest all the girl is reading this article to switch to menstrual cups. At least give it a try once. The Everteen menstrual cup is cheaper and better from many other products available in market.
- No leakage
- Hygienic and no chances of bacteria breeding/infection
- Use cup for 8 to 10 years
- One-time investment: One cup can let you avoid the use up to 10,000 pads
- No menstrual odor, dryness or discomfort.
- Easy for travel, yoga, dance, swimming
- Some women find it painful to insert
- It cannot be cleaned in public places.
- During long journeys, difficultly in sterilizing and wearing it again.
I would surely advise this product. Menstrual cups are very comfortable during periods. Save your money and maintain proper hygiene.
It creates a seal inside the vagina and collects the blood. No discomfort while moving or attending gatherings. Everteen menstrual cup is soft, handy, and comfortable.